Working at Rorshok means connecting people with where they live and with each other.
Podcast Networking & Reading - Internship (1 hour/day)
Are you interested in gaining work experience in an international team and passionate about community building? We are looking for you!
We are Rorshok, a mission-driven international startup pursuing new ways to connect people with where they live and with each other. Rorshok is many things but at its heart, it is an experiment in international community building. Revenue but not profit-seeking. Dispersed but anchored. Focused but flexible.
Rorshok is now looking for a passionate Podcast Networking Intern to join our international team! This opportunity will allow you to, first and foremost, build a network in a country that you are passionate about. You will also learn what it’s like to be a part of a fully remote global team based in America, Africa, Asia, and Europe and the insides of Podcast production and distribution. If you are qualified you can even become a reader for one of our shows. You will expand your knowledge of social media management, marketing, and branding. If this sounds like something you are interested in, then keep reading!
We can support current college students who will do this for credit and are looking to build a network in the designated country with an eye to traveling or moving there upon graduation.
We already have brief weekly updates in several countries and are adding more. Which country are you interested in? Let us know and we can discuss if it’s available or coming next!
You can take a look at our current updates here: https://www.rorshok.com/country-updates/
- Gaining experience working in an international team of like-minded people
- Building a network in the country of your interest
- Continuous guidance and support
- Getting connected with people all around the world
- Fun, fully remote, and mission-based environment
- Great references
- You are a native or bilingual English speaker and writer.
- You are familiar with social media
- You are well organized and methodical
- You think big and you think new
- You are proactive and like to take initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and across broad, diverse groups; strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a self-starter able to work remotely
- Good research skills
- Good judgement
- You want to take and have responsibility for your work, not just show up
- Direct communication with potential listeners and allies via email
- This includes reaching out to professors and student organizations
- Promote our updates daily on various social media accounts such as:
- Twitter etc.
You’ll get clear instructions and guidance on how to do this.
- Connect with migrants and country-specific area specialists in order to reach more potential listeners
- Using primary research
- Through social media (eg. hashtags on Instagram)
- Actively participate in the weekly team meetings with the rest of the volunteers
- Check all the communication channels and report to the coordinator on messages, especially when they include suggestions or constructive criticism
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media best practices and technology.
- You will learn an incredible amount about your designated country and can suggest topics to include in the updates
- Research on other ways and modes of reaching potential listeners of our updates
- Working together with a remote, international team to bring ideas into life
- Also, if you are interested and qualified, you can become a reader of our shows as well.
Please note that this opportunity is not a path to getting employed by Rorshok on a full-time basis. For any questions, thoughts, or concerns you can send an email to: Mahnoor.Haroon@rorshok.com